Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rogers Lake


Scott's cousin Tara (Carol is her mom) along with her husband Kurt and kids Cameron and Sidney met us at the lake house at Rogers Lake on Saturday. Cameron found mussels in the lake, and he and Gpa had a competition to see who could find the most worms. I have to say that Cameron definitely came in 1st. Ah...summer! A special thanks to the Manal family (Tara et al) for all the cute toys, beautiful clothes and wonderful winter coats for Calista. Wow -- we are so fortunate to have such generous family. Calista's Aunt Kiki (Kirsten) also came down for the weekend so on Saturday we had a blast. Calista loves her Aunt Kiki and every time I sing "Little Sufer Girl" to Calista she asks for Kiki! So sweet. Calista can also pick Kiki out of photos in our photobooks at home. (It's actually kind of funny that sometimes when she sees old pictures of me she thinks they are Kiki!) Finally, I have to mention that Calista was absolutely mesmorized by the motor boat. She said "boat" over and over, and when you ask her what the boat says she goes "brrrm brrrm." She also started signing boat with her hands. One day Scott and I took Calista on a canoe on the lake and she was in heaven - so quiet, really paying attention to every detail. She really loves boats now, as you can see.






















No comments: