Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of Preschool!

Today was a very exciting day because Calista spent her first full day at Pacific Primary! Scott and I took her to school in the morning and spent some time hanging out with her and some of the other kids and parents (they stagger the first week so Calista's first day was with 5 kids -- on Friday when she goes back all 16 kids will be there). She didn't cry or anything when we gave her big hugs and kisses and said goodbye. When Claire and I picked her up at 3, she jumped up and down and told me she loved me and gave me hugs and kisses. Teacher Eric said that Calista was in a great mood all day, ate a good lunch (they cook lunch for the kids every day), napped (teacher Sarah Watkins came and rubbed her back and helped her go to sleep), didn't have any potty accidents, and when she wanted to play with some dinosaurs that a little boy didn't want to share, she went to teacher Eric and asked for help -- Eric said he thought it was wonderful that she could use her words and then the three of them worked together to find a solution without any arguments or tears. To celebrate her wonderful first day, Claire and I took Calista to Bi-Rite creamery for ice cream. We are all so proud of her! Yay Calista!

P.S. Funny story -- when I asked her what her favorite part of the day was, she said "cookies." I don't know if they gave her cookies for snack time, but that's what she said. And when she was talking about a little boy named Noah she told Claire, "No....ah. That's kind of a silly name!" because she thought it was funny that a boy's name would start with "no."



No comments: