Calista and the Canoe - Sunday
Last year Calista loved the canoe so much that we decided we'd try and take her for a spin this year. The girl is so busy, however, that I ended up holding her up front with me while Scott paddled us across the lake to look for frogs and turtles. She protested some at first, but then got really excited by all the lilypads.
Scott's Aunt Pat, Uncle David, Cousin Shannon and their new puppy Briggs also came down and spent a couple of nights - so fun to see them! Calista and Briggs got along quite well too. More waterskiing and boating ensued...which kept both Scott and Calista happy.




Boating, Tubing, Floating and Playing - Monday
Calista Fish (as we affectionately nicknamed her) doing all her favorite activities.
Grandma and Grandpa also helped her make friends with the seaweed in the lake, so that she was saying, "that's not scary, that's seaweed!" Calista played every day with a Sesame Street dollhouse that I remember playing with a kid. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the same Sesame Street toy that Amanda was playing when I met her when I was 4 -- and we've been friends ever since! Grandpa Mike also found an inchworm and showed it to Calista who was pretty interested in how goes up and down.
Calista Fish (as we affectionately nicknamed her) doing all her favorite activities.
Back in Madison - Tuesday
Calista loved using her lifejacket to swim and float around the pool. She got even better at using her arms and legs to propell herself around. For dinner we had lamb chops and Calista decided she wanted to eat "the whole thing" so I gave her one my lamb chops. Sure enough -- she loved it! (One more trip down memory lane -- my mom tells the story of when my Aunt Lolita made pork chops and I came home telling my mom how I ate the best dinner ever and there was meat and it was on a bone! I think I must have been about 5?)




Madison Beach - Wednesday
We met up with Brian, Tracy and Diane, Scott's high school friends, and their families for dinner at Madison Beach. Calista was the only kid who went in the ocean (she does not mind the cold water that girl!) and kept busy for a long, long time climbing up and sliding down a sand hill - which explains why she is not in the picture. There was a great playground too, whose slides and stairs/jungle gyms Calista wasted no time trying to conquer. She likes to say, "I'm a big girl and can do it all by myself. I can reach!"
Tea Party with Mom and Grandma Weezie - Thursday morning
We girls wore our pink and went out for scones and coffee at R.J. Julia Bookstore's cafe. Calista decided on the cranberry orange scone and mint tea for herself. I think she really liked have a tea party because it reminded her of Fancy Nancy's tea parties (from the books).
Second Cousins - Thursday afternoon
Scott's aunt Joan and cousin Kate came down with Kate's girls Sarah and Kelsey. Calista and Kelsey are only 6 weeks apart (Calista is older) and played so well together. Sarah is a darling girl too, and was really good with these 2 year-olds.

Little Jumping Bean - Friday
Calista was such a brave girl jumping off the dock all by herself. We were so proud of her. She loved playing Super Baby with Grandpa Mike and Grandma Weezie too.









No comments:
Post a Comment