Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ashland Trip!

Over the weekend of May 16th, Calista and I flew up to Ashland to spend time with family. I am heartbroken that some of the photos I took got deleted from the camera, so I don't have a cute photo of Grandpa Charles, Mary, Calista's cousin Allison, or of Calista playing in the sprinklers at Pegi's house. But fortunately there are some nice memories in these pictures...

(Thanks to my mom for getting her to say, "yipeee!" so she is really smiling and having a good time having her picture taken!)

We flew in on Friday morning and had lunch with my mom and the Andersons at their home. Then Calista and I met up with Amanda and her daughter Bella for an after-school playdate. Next we headed over to my dad and Mary's, where we met their darling new bunny named Snuggles. Calista loved seeing the bunny, and watching it eat carrots! And she got busy right away playing their piano again, John Cage style. She was very gentle with Mary's harp too.

On Saturday, we went over to Grants Pass to see Grandpa Charles. He is doing great, and is definitely an inspiration to me. Dad, Mary and I took a little walk to a nearby playground in GP so little missy could climb to her heart's desire. She is getting extremely good at climbing, sliding, balancing on ledges and swinging (she loves underdogs, and my dad was kind enough to do several with her!). Then we met my mom at her new antique store in Talent, where Calista busied herself with stuffed bunnies and a toy horse. We went over to Pegi's for dinner and to spend the night (that's Pegi in the photo with my mom and Calista). We had a really nice time catching up, and in the morning, Pegi turned on her sprinklers in her back yard and Calista was in heaven! My cousin Nicole came over with her daughter Allison and the girls and I ran around and got soaking wet. The things we do for love. :-)
On Sunday, we went to brunch in Jacksonville with some of my mom's friends, and then headed back to my dad's house. Dad and I took Calista to a great shady park in Phoenix (see cute photos here), and Dad gave puppy Chang a walk. That night little missy did really well going out to dinner with us, and ate lots of my salmon!

Monday morning we met up with Amanda at Garden Way park in Ashland, had lunch with my mom, then went to Lithia Park with dad where Calista loved loved loved playing in the creek. She really wanted to go down the "waterfalls" but of course I didn't let her. Fortunately she let me hold her hand the whole time. She was very brave.
All in all, we had a fabulous trip! Calista did great on the plane, was an excellent sleeper at my dad's house, and was really fun to be with. She keeps very busy, and of course, talked a bunch to everyone. We miss you all, and talk about you lots when we are back in SF too. Love you! Thanks for a great weekend!









































No comments: