A bunch of us went up to Tahoe for the weekend of January 10th to celebrate our friend's Zach's recently completed master's program from Cal. First, I have to say that she was great during the 4-hour drive. We only had to put in "Dora the Explorer" once just because it was too dark to read books coming home. Despite the retched conditi0ns for actual skiing due to severe lack of recent snow (global warming anyone?), we had a very fun time, and Calista and I played a lot in the snow, made snowmen, went around Kirkwood in the bus singing all the lyrics to "The Wheels on the Bus," and pretending to drive the snow boats, which we as adults refer to as snowmobiles. When I asked her what the snow boat says, Calista made a great raspberry sound with her lips. Of course! Now that we have a little munchkin, I also have to say that Applebee's has taken on a whole new level of appreciation for us. The kid-friendly dinners, the cups with lids and straws, and the balloon brought our night out on the town to a whole new level. Also, as you will see in the videos, Calista is a big fan of skiing! Scott put her on his shoulders and went down some very mild "runs" and she kept saying, "More skiing! More skiing!" I wonder if she'll be singing the same song when her legs have to do all the work...?
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment