Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Message from Mommy

Just a quick update on little missy. She's fabulous! We are loving the fun stage she is in - clapping, laughing, learning so much, eager to figure out the world, wanting to stand ALL the time, feed herself and talk (yes, she's one verbal lady).

I'm seeing some of me in her face when I look at her now - when she was a newborn I thought she was the spitting image of her father. Now, she's more of a blend. Her hair also continues to get blonder and it looks like she may get my sister's blue eyes/Scott's father's blue eyes, my Grammy Evelyne's blues eyes, my Grandpa Walter's blue eyes...and many more family members' blue eyes on both sides I'm sure! Genetics is fascinating...

The last time I took Calista to the doctor was November 16 when she weighed 21 pounds and was 29" long. That puts her in the 85th percentile for weight and 90th for height. Clearly there are some Brady genes (thankfully) at work.

Calista still loves to "read"/play/listen to books and knows what to do with certain pages. My mom got her this book "Oh Baby" that she absolutely adores - she knows when and where to pet the teddy bear, smell the "scratch and sniff flower," touch the mobile, open the door to see the puppy, etc. She also knows more words -- like when you say "kisses" she will lean in and give you a big wet sloppy kiss. So fun! I love seeing her put the routines, patterns and "two and two" together.

I am very sad to say that my Aunt Lolita passed away earlier this week at the very young age of 64. Calista and I will attend the memorial service on Monday in Fairfield (Scott will be in Atlanta). Aunt Lolita was so wonderful to me and I wish she had gotten to meet Calista. My heart goes out to my cousins Tasha and Nicole and their children. It is a big reminder how important it is to appreciate time with family and loved ones.

This holiday season arrived quickly this year. I feel less prepared than ever, but we are really looking forward to Calista's first Christmas and the joy and wonder that our little girl sees the world through.

No comments: