I took Calista to the doctor yesterday for her 4-month check up. She weighs a healthy 16 pounds and is 25" long, putting her in the 75th percentile for both weight and height. I can't believe she has basically doubled her birth weight! She is perfectly healthy and is doing great. Calista also got another round of vaccines and was a brave girl once again. Dr. Kelly said we can start feeding her rice cereal so I am on a mission to buy some tomorrow. A whole new world of eating is hopefully opening up!
On her 4-month birthday Calista also started turning over from her back to her stomach and is now always lifting up her neck and legs -- I call it the "Calista Total Abs Workout" because it looks like she wants to do some serious sit ups. She can also do longer stretches of tummy time and can hold up her neck and head pretty high now.
Other fun tidbits: Calista can actually pull her parrot off her activity gym now -such strength! She has discovered her feet and toes, and likes to play with them when I change her diaper. Such a help. She also likes to hug and kiss and although she hasn't quite figured out how to make the smacking sound - it's still entirely adorable. She's also able to pass toys back and forth between her hands - some serious hand-eye coordination going on! And she loves to sit and stand up too (with of course a little help from us) -- building up those leg muscles for future crawling expeditions no doubt.
All in all she's an amazing girl and I love learning about the world from her.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment